McLeod Center offers a Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Program (SAIOP) for individuals struggling with substance use disorder. This treatment program is designed to assist adults in pursuing recovery and developing skills to maintain a lifestyle of recovery.
SAIOP is a 90 day or 8-12 week program that combines educational group lectures with intensive group sessions. Group sessions are held in the morning and evening, 3 times per week for 3 hours. The cost of the program may be covered by Medicaid, area funding, and some insurance companies.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 9:00 am-12:00 pm
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
Additionally, a Multi-Family group meets weekly on Saturdays from 9:00 am-12:00 pm. Clients in SAIOP and their families are welcome and encouraged to attend.
What does SAIOP include?
- Individual counseling and treatment planning with a primary counselor
- Group counseling
- Family/significant other counseling in a multi-family group
- Introduction to 12 step recovery groups and philosophies
- Education pertaining to substance abuse disorders and recovery; including Relapse Prevention
- Referral services