Admission Information & What to Bring to Treatment
Welcome to McLeod Center and congratulations in taking a step towards your recovery. Our Residential Treatment Programs will give you the opportunity to make life changing decisions in a positive, therapeutic environment. The 12-Step philosophy combined with various therapies provide our clients with an effective way of treating substance abuse disorders. We offer individualized treatment that allows the person to grow spiritually, physically and emotionally.
Adult Clients: You will be assigned a Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist upon entering treatment at McLeod Center; this clinician will help you identify what you need to do while in treatment and be your primary contact during your stay at McLeod Center. During your time here, you will be asked to focus on your recovery and well being; this will include Family Therapy Group and Family Visitation. You will find further details below:
- Scheduled residential admissions are to arrive at McLeod Center by 12:00pm.
- Personal items for clients may be dropped off at the front desk during regular business hours: 8:30am-6:00pm Monday through Thursday and 8:30am-5:00pm Fridays.
- All money dropped off is to be taken directly to the fee office during regular business hours. $25 for adults and $5 for adolescents is a weekly maximum for clients to have at any given time; any additional money will be kept in the client’s account.
Clients are to have a 28-day supply of all prescribed medications, or a letter from your doctor stating that it is not necessary for you to have your prescription for the duration of treatment.
All medications are to be non-narcotic and approved by the Medical Director.
If you have specific medication questions, please let us know.
What to Bring:
- 28-Day Supply of Prescription Medications
- Postage stamps and stationery
- Casual clothing
- Exercise clothing (loose fitting sweats or shorts)
- Sleep apparel, undergarments, robe and slippers
- Toiletries (shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, etc…)
- Towels and washcloths
- Shower shoes
- Eyeglasses/Contact Lenses & appropriate accessories
- Reading material (no drug, alcohol or sex related reading material)
- If you smoke and are in the adult program you may bring Cigarettes
What NOT to Bring:
- Food or beverages
- Swimsuit or tank tops
- Flip flops
- Pocket knives or any other weapons
- Products containing alcohol (mouthwash, cologne, perfume, aftershave)
- Cell Phones
- Electronics (MP3 players, radio walkmans, hand held games, laptops)
- ADULTS: Automobile *Please let us know if you drove on your day of check in. We will need to park your car in the staff lot.
- Bed Linens (you may bring your own bed linens if you wish)
- Laundry Facilities (including laundry detergent)
- Newspapers & NA/AA Literature (Adolescent Program provides an on-campus Library)
- Televisions in the lounge areas
- Beverages, meals and snacks
- Exercise equipment
Visitors are approved by the clinical team prior to attending visitation. Please remember to submit your list of visitors to clinical staff for approval prior or immediately after arrival. Each client is allowed up to 5 approved adult visitors at a time. Children are welcome if accompanied by an adult. Visitors are to have identification with them to be checked by McLeod Center staff to verify their presence on the client’s approved visitors list. Visitors without identification will be asked to leave.
Approved visitors are encouraged to attend Family Orientation and weekly family group to better improve their loved ones’ treatment process. Family Group is Saturdays from 9:00am to 12:00pm
Visitation cannot occur during any therapeutic activity or group and all visitations are supervised by McLeod Center staff.
Phone usage cannot occur during therapeutic times or activities.
You may receive mail at the following address:
C/O McLeod Addictive Disease Center
515 Clanton Road
Charlotte, NC 28217
Clients will be discharged at 10:45am. To protect our clients’ confidentiality, all rides must remain at the front desk.