McLeod Center has more than 40 years of experience treating alcohol and drug dependence in a residential setting. During those 40 years, McLeod Center has developed a uniquely effective and affordable program that responds to a wide array of dependence isssues. From initial assessment to aftercare, McLeod Center delivers a full continuum of care. Length of stay is generally 28 days, but can be tailored to satisfy individual client needs. Clients can expect to be treated with dignity and respect and to receive personalized and holistic care.
- Residential Treatment: Length of stay is generally 28 days, but can be tailored to satisfy individual client needs that incorporate education on the disease of addiction with individual, group and family counseling. Residential Treatment may be followed by SAIOP, Aftercare, or referral to an outside agency for long-term sober living environment. The cost of the program may be covered by Area funding, self-pay, and some Insurance companies. We are licensed for 36 bed capacity; currently we manage 24 for capacity.
- Residential DWI: Practical and economical solutions are available for persons seeking a treatment alternative to incarceration for DWI charges. Length of stay will be tailored to individual client needs (7 to 30 days), taking into consideration substance use/abuse history and legal implications of the DWI. Clients can expect to be treated with dignity and respect and to receive personalized and holistic care. While clients are in the Residential DWI, they also have the option of completing a DWI Assessment with a state certified DWI assessor for additional $100 fee.
- Large bedrooms with full bath and double beds
- Exercise rooms
- Cafeteria with salad bar
- Meditation room
- Living rooms
- Medical exam and appropriate medical care
- Individual counseling and treatment planning with a primary counselor
- Group counseling, including gender specific group counseling
- Family/significant other counseling in a weekly multi-family group
- Access to religious services
- Introduction to 12 step recovery groups and philosophies
- Education pertaining to substance abuse and recovery, including Life Skills and Relapse Prevention
- Assistance with placement into a recovery friendly living environment
- Referral services
Centrally located in Charlotte, North Carolina, McLeod Center’s Adult Residential program regularly accepts clients from various regions of the state, including Raleigh, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Durham, Fayetteville, Cary, Wilmington, and High Point.